1. I am currently a double major at Cameron. I am an English and Foreign Languages major. I am planning on getting a master’s degree in either Teaching English as a Second Language or Linguistics. I choose these two fields because they allow me to apply both my majors to one field of study. Overall, I would like to teach English overseas at either a college level or at an adult Conversational School. These skills I will learn in this course will help me sell my skills to the job marking I am aiming for.
2. The skills I will learn in this Tech Writing course will allow me to write an effective resume and cover letter. I will also need to know how to write proposals and memorandums when dealing with a University and its staff. The skills I will learn in this course will help me communicate effectively with my audience.
· I will write on the job because it is necessary when dealing with University Staff members and Overseas Conversational Schools.
· I will be writing for future supervisors and potential bosses. I will also be writing for myself when updating my resume.
· I can expect European and Asian audiences to be viewing my writing and so the potential for loss of communication is great. I have to be very aware of my audience and their understanding of my point or purpose.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment