Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Class Assignment - Allen Theater

1. What is the identified problem that the sample proposal deals with?
- The sample proposal wants to change the Allen Theater into a Movie Theater for campus students.

2. Do the writers of the sample proposal declare what they are proposing directly in their introduction?
- Yes, the writers declare what they are proposing directly in their introduction.

3. How do the writers of the sample proposal describe the Statement of the Problem? Do they integrate both their primary and secondary research data to frame the problem? Are you convinced that there is an urgent need to solve this problem after you read this section of their proposal?
- The writers state the problem as being bored and then turning to alcohol for entertainment. They do integrate some of their secondary research. I am unsure what their primary research was. I am not convinced that there is an urgent need to solve this problem.

4. How do the writers of the sample proposal propose their solution to the problem? Do they discuss the benefits of the solution in detail? Are you convinced that the solution is really effective? Why or why not?
- The writers propose that upgrading the theater with current films and low cost to students would decrease alcohol consumption on campus. They discuss briefly that bring current films to campus would help decrease alcohol consumption. I think adding current movies would give campus students more options but I don’t think this is a cure-all for overuse of alcohol.

5. Do you think that their method to put the solution into effect is effective? What do you learn for your group's method after reading this section (the method) of the sample proposal)?
- I am not so sure if in actuality the method is effective. The writers don’t seem to cover how they would get the current movies or if there will be a licensing issue. They should mention that in the methods. Other than that their methods seem student opinion based.

6. How do the writers of the sample proposal try to show that they are qualified for doing this proposal?
- The writers show how they are qualified by stating that they at some point in time were members of campus life, and they would know the situation better than anyone who has never been to the Texas Tech campus.

7. What are things in this sample proposal that impress you most?
- The formatting, graphs, and charts impressed me the most. The writers kept everything simple with clean lines and easy to read graphs and charts.

8. What are the aspects in this sample proposal you might want to do them differently?
- As much as I like the charts and graphs, I would double check how everything lines up on my proposal. I would make sure all my pages line up, and I would change the way it was written. The proposal shifts between Plain English and composition style English. The writers should make sure their text is the same throughout the proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment