Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Assignment 1 Reflection

Stefani Goode
ENG 2333
Dr. Liu
23 September 2009

Assignment 1 Reflection

In doing this assignment, I have learned a few new things about myself. At first, I was a bit apprehensive in my job searches since the first ten or so I didn’t quite fit the criteria. Dr. Liu stated that if I don’t have some of the criteria, I could always show my prospective employer my abilities in my job letter. I had a bit of difficulty starting the job letter because showing by examples was not easy for me. It is not easy writing a job letter with no experience in that field but it does help give me an idea of what I am supposed to do. After going through some more job searches, I found I was qualified for quite a few.

My resume feels pretty standard; however, I was a bit concerned about listing all my work experience since most of my jobs were part-time work and nothing serious. I couldn’t remember all of my work positions and employers names but found out that it wasn’t necessary to include them. I only put the last 4 major jobs I had and that made it easier. An interesting thing I did learn was that my reference page should include professional references such as professors and employers. For me, using professors as professional references helps in creating a more substantial reference page.

Now that I have a decent resume and job letter I can continue to update them for future use. In creating this resume I found that it helps me in the near future because the graduate program I would like to be accepted to requires a resume. I feel more prepared for the next step in the job process.

No comments:

Post a Comment