31 NW Lakewood Dr.
Lawton, OK USA
16 September 2009
Department of College English Studies
Anhui University
Feixi Road 3, Hefei 230039
Anhui, P.R.China
Dear Madam:
I am writing in response to your September 15 online ESL forum on Lanternfish. I would like to be considered for the English teacher position at your university. I hope you find that my studies in linguistics and language at Cameron University qualify me for the position.
At Cameron University, I have taken a wide range of language courses, but my most interesting work has been in linguistics. In one course, I learned about methods on how adults and children acquire a second language and how to approach students in a calm manner to instill a desire to learn a new language. These methods are applied to almost all language acquisition. I have seen them used first hand in my various language courses. I have learned about grammatical structures and am able to explain them in a manner that will make students comfortable with English and its grammar.
At First Command Financial Planning in Bamberg, Germany, I worked as an office manager. I assisted my supervisor with client appointments. I would engage the clients in conversation to easy their anxieties and answer questions regarding the company. I would invite the clients to return or call with any questions or needed information. My experience as a student worker at Cameron University introduced me to helping students with scholarship information or assisting them with finding the proper information for their issues. I helped in creating the invitations for scholarship applicants to meet with the counselor.
More information about my education and experience is included on the enclosed resume, but I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you at your convenience to discuss my application. You can reach me anytime at (580) 555-5555, or email me at stefanigoode@cu.edu.
Sincerely,
Stefani N. Goode
Stefani N. Goode
Enclosure
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment