Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Class Activity - Claim Letter

16 September 2009

Mr. Bob Smith
Thermos R Us
1408 Gore Blvd.
Fairbanks, Wa 58679

Dear Mr. Smith:

I recently purchased your company’s Uber Travel Thermos for $8.95 at your store’s associate’s recommendation. Your associate assured me that it was a leak proof thermos made of the highest grade of plastic. However, upon the first use of the thermos, I found the claim to be a gross overstatement.

The thermos was purchased for my toddler’s use at daycare with the assurance that it would not leak when it was being used. It was brought to my attention that upon first use of the thermos it leaked on the daycare floor and then again at home on the family dining room table cloth. When the thermos leaked on the table cloth I tried to remove the stain myself with club soda and was unsuccessful. I then took the table cloth to the dry cleaners and again was unsuccessful. A replacement table cloth would cost me $35.

As you see this is a problem. I called your store and spoke with Mary Sue and she told me that I should have carefully read the thermos care instructions which were not included in my purchase.

I would like you to replace my thermos or refund me the purchase price of the thermos. I would also like compensation for my ruined table cloth. Enclosed is the copy of the thermos receipt and a receipt for the ruined table cloth.


Sincerely,


Stefani Jones


Enclosure

No comments:

Post a Comment