Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Class Activity - Reading Response (E-mail)
In reading the business email article, I found that emails that are to the point, short, and clear to be the best way to get your business or point across. Your subject line should be clear regarding your purpose and you should leave out any unnecessary information or personal jokes, sayings, etc.. E-mail's advantages are fast communication, reaching many people at one time, distributes documents efficiently, and allows for individual management for routine communication. The disadvantages are it fails to assure immediate response, requires accommodations for technologies of some audiences, lacks privacy, omits face to face communication, risks miscommunication, and records all conversations and leaves a paper trail. After reading this article, I believe that the most important thing to remember when writing a business e-mail is to watch what I say because I don't get to take it back later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment