Monday, October 12, 2009

E-mail Claim Letter

Complaint regarding Uber-Travel Agency non-validation of cruise package.

From: Mina Sevek (minastevek@num.com)
Sent: Mon 10/12/09 8:18 PM
To: CustomerCare@uber-travel.com

Dear Sir or Madam:

I use your travel agency at least twice a year, and have been doing so for five years, without any issues. However, in August I booked a cruise around the California coast for $ 700. This promotional cruise package was supposed to include a cabin with an ocean view and my dinner meals. When I boarded the ship I found that was not the case.

I was informed by the purser that my reservation was for a standard cabin and no meals were included with that reservation. I attempted to discuss this issue with both the purser and the cruise coordinator. I showed them my receipt from your agency but they stated that your agency didn't submit the proper or necessary paperwork and so no resolution was made. I had already paid for my cruise package and it was non-refundable. I took the standard cabin and paid out of pocket for my meals. Upon docking back at port I called your company and spoke with Carry and she stated that since I took the cruise I wasn't entitled to a refund or a travel voucher; and since I took the cruise wasn't entitled to make a formal complaint.

I think you will agree I was treated unfairly by the cruise's staff as well as your own. I was able to go on my cruise but was unable to completely enjoy my trip. Since my travel reservation was not honored, I have enclosed my a copy of my travel receipt from your company as well as a copy of my cruise receipt. I would like to be refunded the $275.57 that I paid out of pocket for my meals.

Sincerely,
Mina Stevek

Mina Stevek
37 South Park Place
Palm Springs, FL. 78156
(976) 556-5556

Attachments (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment