Wednesday, October 21, 2009

In-Class Assignment on Plain English

Stefani Goode
21 October 2009
In-Class Assignment on Plain English

Reflection
Plain English will help in writing technical documents by keeping the language simple. The article keeps the audience in mind when writing a document. The audience is as important as the point that is being made. If your reader is a non-native speaker then using Plain English will keep them from misunderstanding the point that is being made. Active voice is also important and it is something I struggle with now but I see how it can help make for an effective document.

Practice Using Plain-English
Audience: Students
Rhetorical Context: E-mail regarding new text book policy
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: New policy regarding New Text Books for Class
To: Technical Communication Students (allstudents@cameron.edu)
From: Stefani Goode (sgoode@cameron.edu)
Date: 21 October 2009

Dear Students:

I am aware that most of you do not have the new text book for class. The book New Age Technical Communication is required for this class. You are expected to have the text book and most of you do not. I have made handouts for you for the first week of class but I expect you to order the book. I want you to have the book no later than 5 November 2009. The text books are available at the Cameron Bookstore. Get the book. You can also order the text book from Barnes and Noble by using their website. Call me with questions.

Thank you,

Ms. Goode

No comments:

Post a Comment