Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Job Letter - Revision

31 NW Lakewood Dr.
Lawton, OK 73505-3737 USA

16 September 2009

Ms. Ella
Department of College English Studies
Anhui University
Feixi Road 3, Hefei 230039
Anhui, P.R.China

Dear Ms. Ella:

I am writing in response to your September 15 online ESL forum on Lanternfish. I would like to be considered for the English teacher position at your university. I hope you find that my studies in linguistics and language at Cameron University qualify me for the position.

At Cameron University, I have taken a wide range of language courses, but my most interesting work has been in linguistics. In Teaching English as a Second Language, I learned about how adults and children acquire a second language and how to approach students effectively to instill a desire to learn a new language. The teaching methods this course are applied to almost all language acquisition. I have seen them used first hand in my various language courses. In addition, from my Advanced Grammar course, I have learned about grammatical structures and am able to teach them in a manner that will make students comfortable with English and its grammar.

At First Command Financial Planning in Bamberg, Germany, I worked as an office manager. I assisted my supervisor with client appointments. I would engage the clients in conversation to easy their anxieties and answer questions regarding the company. I would also invite the clients to return or call with any questions or needed information. My experience as a student worker at Cameron University introduced me to helping students with scholarship information or assisting them with finding the proper information for their issues. I helped in creating the invitations for scholarship applicants to meet with the counselor. I believe that the responsibilities and communicative skills I gained from these jobs will be valuable for the teaching position at your university.

More information about my education and experience is included on the enclosed resume, but I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you at your convenience to discuss my application. You can reach me anytime at (580) 695-6510, or email me at stefanigoode@cameron.edu.

Sincerely,

Stefani N. Goode
Enclosure

No comments:

Post a Comment